mums and mums 2 be
mums and mums 2 be
mums and mums 2 be
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
mums and mums 2 be

welcome to our website we are mums ourself and our aim is to give you a great warming site for advice friendship and more

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Donate  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 111 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:03 am
Top posters
tina (1501)
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost Vote_lcapErnest Hemingway’s Ghost Voting_barErnest Hemingway’s Ghost Vote_rcap 
LilMissTrippy (980)
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost Vote_lcapErnest Hemingway’s Ghost Voting_barErnest Hemingway’s Ghost Vote_rcap 
julie barnes (934)
sara (930)
jane (916)
julieliz (885)
cas (836)
marti (815)
Shehreen (694)
Jodi (649)
Latest topics
» Happy Easater..........
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:17 am by Jodi

» vote for us at 1 award
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:58 am by Jodi

» My daughter Ela
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 pm by Shehreen

» laptop or comp
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:10 am by linzi

» Feeling bit narked off.
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 1:27 pm by ~*~TiGgY~*~

» Siggy Making
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 am by Mumto2

» what breed of dog/cat
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:26 am by Mumto2

» do u drink pints
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:23 am by Mumto2

» Tea or coffee
Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:23 am by Mumto2

Affiliates
mummies keepsakesA Place For Parents

Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrea#4
Andrea#4

Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost Empty
PostSubject: Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost   Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:34 am

Ernest Hemingway is one of the most prominent writers in the history of literature. Hemingway won the Pulitzer Prize for the Old Man and the Sea in 1953. He also won the Noble Prize in Literature in 1954. His unique style of writing consisted primarily of “understatement”. Understatement is basically showing a lesser form of expression towards a situation that would normally exhibit more of a reaction. He was born in Chicago in 1899 and then after high school went on to serve in World War I.

From 1931-1940, Hemingway lived in his famous home in Key West, Florida. He spent time working on a couple of novels, heavy fishing, and going to the bar down the block Sloppy Joe’s. This is the home that is presently one of the most haunted places in America. It is presently a museum, but many people visit and claim to have seen an apparition of Hemingway walking on one of the balcony’s. Also, as you pass his old writing room, people have heard the sound of someone banging out letters on the typewriter.

Hemingway moved out of his house in 1940, and then served again in World War II; this time in naval warfare. He also went down to the Spanish Civil War to report for Northern America of the site. Later on his life, he developed high blood pressure and liver problems, and also suffered from depression and paranoia. In 1961, Hemingway shot himself in the head with a shotgun. Some say, this was due to electroconvulsive therapy, he lost a good portion of his memory.

Shortly after his suicide, his ghost started to appear at his home in Key West. Ever since then, the house turned into a museum and has become a national phenomena. Tourists flock from all parts of the world to vacation in Key West and the Florida Keys, and are presently surprised to find the Hemingway House. Who knows, maybe if you take a trip down there and stop by the house, or have a meal at Sloppy Joe’s in the same stool he always sat in, maybe you too will have an encounter with one of America’s most prominent and mysterious men.

Works Cited

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Hemingway

http://www.hgtv.com/ah-travel-landmarks/the-hemingway-house/index.html
Back to top Go down
sara
forum helper
sara

PostSubject: Re: Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost   Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:40 am

wow sounds gr8,i think u sud go andrea
Back to top Go down
Andrea#4
Andrea#4

PostSubject: Re: Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost   Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:42 am

We are doing ghost hunts on my site after christmas. there is a place we are going to that has good and bad spirits. The lady wants rid of the bad,cause the bad which is a man ghost is throwing things at her family. so our site medium is gonna get rid of it for her. Anyone can go along.
Back to top Go down
sara
forum helper
sara

PostSubject: Re: Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost   Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:48 am

thats brill my frien has got rid of bad spirts b4 infact we did and old house of mine 2gether but since doin that i hav done anything else.i really sud get bck in2 it as i do miss it alot.

p.s carnt find my tarot cards plse can anyone guild u in right room and a little just a little direct???
Back to top Go down
Andrea#4
Andrea#4

PostSubject: Re: Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost   Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 am

answer to that is stop looking hun, then they'll turn up..lol
Back to top Go down
sara
forum helper
sara

PostSubject: Re: Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost   Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 12:06 pm

wanted them 4 2nite been looking since we said we'd do 2 nite ok goin 2 stop lookin
Back to top Go down
marti
Mods
Mods
marti

PostSubject: Re: Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost   Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:32 am

I believe in this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost   Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost Empty

Back to top Go down

Ernest Hemingway’s Ghost
Page 1 of 1