mums and mums 2 be
mums and mums 2 be

welcome to our website we are mums ourself and our aim is to give you a great warming site for advice friendship and more

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Donate  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:37 pm
Top posters
tina (1501)

LilMissTrippy (980)

julie barnes (934)

sara (930)

jane (916)

julieliz (885)

cas (836)

marti (815)

Shehreen (694)

Jodi (649)

Latest topics
» Happy Easater..........
Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:17 am by Jodi

» vote for us at 1 award
Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:58 am by Jodi

» My daughter Ela
Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 pm by Shehreen

» laptop or comp
Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:10 am by linzi

» Feeling bit narked off.
Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:27 pm by ~*~TiGgY~*~

» Siggy Making
Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 am by Mumto2

» what breed of dog/cat
Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:26 am by Mumto2

» do u drink pints
Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:23 am by Mumto2

» Tea or coffee
Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:23 am by Mumto2

Affiliates
mummies keepsakesA Place For Parents

Share | 

attention deficit hyperactivity disorder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:33 am

does you or your child suffer with this maybe you or they have been referred
Back to top Go down
http://www.mumsandmums2be.com
Carole

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:51 am

My eldest son who is 8 has ADHD
Back to top Go down
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:43 am

hi hun how long as he had adhd xx
Back to top Go down
Carole

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:14 am

i've known since he was 2, but trying to get a doctor to listen to me has been very difficult so he was only diagnosed with it last year after me nearly having a breakdown because i couldnt handle him. xx
Back to top Go down
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:54 pm

hi hunnie i know it can be such long process for this if u ever want to chat in confidence pm me hun i have 3 special needs children myself and i have suffered 2 breakdowns over the years xx
Back to top Go down
Carole

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:17 pm

thanks Tina, gd to know there is some1 to talk to. x
Back to top Go down
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:53 pm

off course hunni anytime my eldest is 16 now still hard work so i do understand hun xx
Back to top Go down
chez

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi Carole, i know how you feel. Simon is 8 now and was diagnosed in January. There r times when i have just wanted to run away form it all. I have had nights on the trot just in floods of tears not knowing if they were gonna stop...tbh i still have them now if he has "a bad day" and i get so upset when people just assume he is naughty Sad

Anyway fello adhd parent here, so if ya ever wanna chat add me on msn hun Smile cheryl_star@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Carole

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Chez u sound so much like me!! i quite often have a "bad day" with TJ . its just such hard work as i also have a 3yr old who doesn't help matters but doesnt understand or know any better. I'm sick o people looking down their noses at me when TJ decides he isnt gonna co operate when we are out, Its so hard to keep cool both with him and other people, I dont think there is enough help out there for parents like us. Mad
Anyway yeah i'll add u to msn, my addy is devilsndolls@hotmail.co.uk
x
Back to top Go down
chez

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:30 pm

I agree bout the help thing. I just found that the clinic just gave e the tablets and then expect u to cope with the side effects. Simon is on Equasym XL 30mg at the mo, the side effect of him being on those is that he now suffers from Insomnia...they gave him some Melatonin but it didnt work, and now they r reluctant to give me anything else...I have a 17month old, and he has started to copy things that Simon does...For example Simon will put a cushion over his face and roll around on the floor with it.... Of course Joseph copies, but i end up getting so cross with Simon because altho i know SImon isnt stupid, he doesnt understand that Joseph doesnt realise he has to take the cushion away from his face.....He seems to have little or no concept of Josephs age...he will quite unawarely wrestle or try to with him if i am not there to supervise him. I think thats the thing that frustrates me the most...sometimes i begrudge the fact that he is 8 years old and needs constant reassurance and pushing.... I have to tell him 6+ times to brush his teeth before it actually sinks in.

Its like he acts like a baby, but then when he is frustrated or angry he talks to me like shit...exscuse my language. He thinks he is the grown up.

Dunno if this is to do with ODD which he has as welll, but i am told ODD is common in children with ADHD.

I find my friends much more supporting than my family.... My friends see the real Simon strangely enough. Where as my faily all back away fomr him if i ask them to watch him or something....they all just assume that he is gonna be naughty all the time. Then they treat him the way they think they should treat a naughty child and it riles him up the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:42 pm

hi yeah ur both right we had alicia out just walking along a beach there was a fair on i took her on the slide when i got off with her she threw a right paddy headbutted the pavement in temper laying kicking and screaming on the floor these people just looked at us if we were nothing i just felt i had to explain my self defend us which makes me so sick they have no idea every day is a batte for me with aicia and were just branded bad mums cos they think we have naughty children grr chez yr on my msn babe but carole mine is tinaloveshuskys@hotmail.com if u wanna add xx
Back to top Go down
Carole

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:43 pm

Well TJ was on equasym but that didnt work for him and has been put on concerta that seems to be working a wee bit better altho still not gr8, but it stays in his system for 12 hours rather than 8 which helps, i was finding with equasym by the time he got in from school it was wearing off and i was still getting the brunt of his bad moods, He too has been given melatonin but that doesnt work for him either, i tend to find that TJ wont go to sleep until he knows that i'm in my bed going to sleep.

Rob too copies TJ and can be quite an agressive wee boy at times even when TJ is at school but i guess that he must think its ok as his big brother does it, I often get told that i am an idiot and called names but on the plus side now he is on medication i am no longer getting hit or stuff thrown at me, I had a new bruise everyday for a long time,

I moved back up to shetland last yr as i was struggling so much and all my family are up here they all wanted me bk up but now i'm here i never hear from them or anything, mention the word babysit and they run a mile. My friends too are more supportive they'll watch the boys so i can relax etc and i'm so gr8ful but i dont like to ask all the time so i tend to just struggle on. The way i have to look upon it tho is i wouldnt be faced with these difficulties if i couldnt handle it.
x
Back to top Go down
chez

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Thats what i am finding with the Equasym that its wearing off when he comes home form school. The school get the calm Simon and i am left with mr ants in his pants lol. Simon sleeps about 3-4 hours a night at the mo Sad

Before he wa son the tabs i too was being threatend and hit my Simon but that sems to have calmed down...He still tells me he hates me, but its better than the constant terrifying violence.

I am like that with Simon i know that he can be a handfull if he gets too worked up or hyper so now i dont like to ask anyone. Just incase.
Back to top Go down
wendy

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:31 pm

my son is 12 and he has ADHD, so know how u are all feeling x
Back to top Go down
Carole

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:34 pm

its hard work eh?? feel free to add me on messanger, my address is on a previous post. x Smile
Back to top Go down
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:02 pm

hi wendy alicias undergoing assesments 4 adhd and autism they say she showing signs of both aggghhhh xx
Back to top Go down
mum_of_2_princess_s

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:36 am

oh my god ive just read that post and i have so much respect for u all. it makes me appreciate how easy i have it with my 2 and some times i think thats hard. well done u all! its also made me realise that i do brand mums wen there kids thro a paddy in the street but now i should stop and think and realise maybe they cant help that at times xx
Back to top Go down
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:14 am

yeah i have found when out with alicia mums look at me and u can see there thinking god that child is naughty but there not all my children are special needs hunnie xx
Back to top Go down
mum_of_2_princess_s

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:38 am

oh my god tina ur a super mum well done u. have they all got the same needs? xx
Back to top Go down
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:41 am

hi hun super mum hehe no not me love no all there needs are very different babe xx
Back to top Go down
mum_of_2_princess_s

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:12 pm

oh my god tina that must be very hard for u u deserve a model hun Smile
Back to top Go down
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:29 pm

thanks sweetie but theres mums out there with more demading chilren then me but thank you for your kind words very sweet of you xx
Back to top Go down
marti
Mods
Mods

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:47 am

My nephew has this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder   

Back to top Go down

attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Page 1 of 1