mums and mums 2 be
mums and mums 2 be

welcome to our website we are mums ourself and our aim is to give you a great warming site for advice friendship and more

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Donate  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:37 pm
Top posters
tina (1501)

LilMissTrippy (980)

julie barnes (934)

sara (930)

jane (916)

julieliz (885)

cas (836)

marti (815)

Shehreen (694)

Jodi (649)

Latest topics
» Happy Easater..........
Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:17 am by Jodi

» vote for us at 1 award
Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:58 am by Jodi

» My daughter Ela
Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 pm by Shehreen

» laptop or comp
Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:10 am by linzi

» Feeling bit narked off.
Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:27 pm by ~*~TiGgY~*~

» Siggy Making
Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 am by Mumto2

» what breed of dog/cat
Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:26 am by Mumto2

» do u drink pints
Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:23 am by Mumto2

» Tea or coffee
Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:23 am by Mumto2

Affiliates
mummies keepsakesA Place For Parents

Share | 

Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chezzie
global mod

PostSubject: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Well where do I start....
before he started his new class we all had to go to a parents breakfast to meet the teachers, All the other teachers got up fine said a little bit about themselves and what their plans were for the year ahead, Harry's teacher looked like she was going to burst out crying when it was her turn, basically said yeah im gonna be doin the same as miss so and so , giggled a bit and sat down, I said to my friend well that fills me with confidence, she obviously has no confidence herself so how is she meant to teach it with our kids.
Anyway thought nothing of it again until we had parents evening a couple of weeks ago. what a nightmare! .....
she told us Harry needed learning support in Literacy which is fine I dont have a problem with that at all , if he needs help then I would rather him get it now..... but this is where the problems began.
After saying he needed literacy leaning support she then went on to say she was uping his reading book 2 levels as they were to easy for him and that he was amazing at spelling...... now last time i checked that was literacy???

She then went on to say how he was just about average in maths, I replied with, well that surprises me because in his old school i was told he was outstanding at maths, well above national age and so much so his teacher never actually had to explain anything to him, she said he jsut got it..... after I said that his new teacher then backtracked and went on to say oh yes hes very good at maths so much so that Im pretty sure he will make an excellent physicist or scientist when hes older..... obviously I was like hang on a sec 2 mins ago he wasnt that good at it....
basically everything she said if i quizzed her over it she back tracked and told me something completely different.
I was really shocked by everything she said as Harry has always been top of the class in pretty much everything and is so forward that when he was 2 my health visitor wanted him to start school!!! i said no as he was too young and wanted him to have his baby days before throwing school at him. She was pretty much telling me that in the space of about 3 months my son had gone from top of the class and loads of teachers commenting on how forward he was and how well behaved and well mannered he was to telling me he was almost bottom of his class and a little live wire???
Then to put the icing on the cake she said... I havent bothered to read his profile from nursery or reception as i like to make my own judgement on the kids before reading them...... this made me really mad because if she bothered to look at harrys bloomin profile she would see exactly why im so bloody confused over it all and how hes apparently changed so much over the 6 weeks hols! hmmm
anyway today she has proper taken the biscuit! .. all the time harry was off school in the last 4 weeks for chicken pox then swine flu we have been ringing the school asking for homework for harry as he was getting bored and wanted to do some school work, His teacher promised us at parents evening she would send some home with Harry's cousin, no homework ever appeared even thoguh we asked several times....
so harry goes back to school today and comes home with all the homework from when he was off to be done by friday!!! i was fuming, if we hadnt asked over and over for work for him then i wouldnt have a problem but for us to ask her to completely ignore the fact then bundle it all on him today is out of order..... shes sent him homw with 2 different spelling sheets each with 8 words on which doesnt sound alot but its words like tracker, helper, fleet, lunch,flip,shrink spring ....... baring in mind he is only 5 !!!!!

now im not sure what to do, do i book an appointment with the head and tell her how disgusted i am that all this pressur ehas been put on him when we constantly asked for work and to say ow disappointed we were with parents evening and ht eway she kept backtracking and the fact she didnt even read his bloomin profile? do i do nothin and see how it goes or do i move his schools to one that might actually take some notice.

The mad thing is we actually found out more about Harry from Ellies teacher than we did from his own!!!
Back to top Go down
cas
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Yeah i would make a appointment to see the head hun.It sound as shes not got a clue whats shes doing.and you want the best for your child. They way shes going its like she put him behind were he should be at a higher level.I would make her wait for the homework like.Hope you get it sorted.

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:40 pm

make the appointment to see the head as they are there to hear your concerns if your not happy about anything to do with your child even if your not happy with the tacher they have
Back to top Go down
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:41 pm

i agrree babe make an appointment the way harrtys teacher is going doesnt sound good to me either does it sound shes in the right job if it was me i go to head then if i didnt get answered id move schools as all we want is the best for our children and i dont feel harry is getting anything from being in her class keep us posted babe hugs xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.mumsandmums2be.com
Chezzie
global mod

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:02 pm

thanks girls I think i am going to book an appointment to speak to the head x
Back to top Go down
mum_of_2_princess_s

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:37 pm

oh my god thats shockin hun. teachers really dont care the children are just money at the end of the day. yeah book an appointment with the head teacher and send harry in with a big letter 2moro explainin he wont have his homework done by friday as u aint pressurin him to do it as u asked for it home weeks ago wen the others had and he needs more time than a week to learn them. if he's gettin sent home with all that hun think wot he'll be gettin made to do in the class to catch u. thats not right. see the head asap. keep us posted xx
Back to top Go down
Shehreen

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:12 pm

Jeez that sounds really really bad.
Hun speak to the head and let him know what is going on. WHo know what else she maybe doing to other kids, its not fair. As parents we need to make sure that they are treated properly and equally. This teacher sounds out of her depth.
Back to top Go down
tina
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:16 pm

hi babe have we any news on harrys teacher have u spoke head xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.mumsandmums2be.com
julieliz

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:20 am

yep i would def speak to head.xx
Back to top Go down
julie barnes
forum promotor

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:48 am

i was going to ask,did you get to speak to harrys head teacher?how many kids are in harrys class and does the teacher have a helper?
Back to top Go down
LilMissTrippy
global mod

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:39 am

This is shocking ... I once received a school report for Joshua when he was about 8 ... and it was all typed out and half of it was not even his name it was a RUPERT ... WTF??? It was just like they had copied and pasted Ruperts Report and just put my son's name over his but forgot some along the way .. I was horrified and complained ... have you had any news back?? x
Back to top Go down
Shehreen

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Yeah whats the latest? x
Back to top Go down
julie barnes
forum promotor

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:12 pm

i was going to say that,shes leaveing us in suspenders lol
Back to top Go down
Shehreen

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Am assuming she must be busy, but curious to know what is going on. Just l have noticed that when people make any mistakes, instead of holding their hands up and saying sorry l was wrong they prefer to pass the buck.
Back to top Go down
julie barnes
forum promotor

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:43 pm

so true,i do think though.teachers take to much on
Back to top Go down
Shehreen

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Hmmm....but then its like more help should be given to them such as classroom support assistants, but if anyone mentions that then the first thing the school will say is we dont have the funding so teachers got no choice but to struggle on.
Back to top Go down
julie barnes
forum promotor

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:03 pm

i just wanted to help out at my kids school,i really want to be a foster parent but i cant.only have a 3 bed house
Back to top Go down
Shehreen

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:14 pm

Ohh shame. You own it or rent?
I have thought about fostering in the past when l was single, l think its very rewarding but you need to be prepared for anything.
Do you rent or is it your own house?
Back to top Go down
julie barnes
forum promotor

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:23 am

we rent,i have asked for a 4 bed but there very few
Back to top Go down
Shehreen

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:03 am

Hmm its not easy to find housing. I mean there are lots of people letting out properties but when it comesz to the standard it s below average.
It disgusts you. The number of places we saw before we found this...l cant remember and the state they were in it was absolutely shocking.
Back to top Go down
julie barnes
forum promotor

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:15 am

i know what you mean,im trying to sell a 3 bed house
Back to top Go down
Shehreen

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:22 am

God luck hun. As far as l know people are not taking any big changes in their choice of life what withthe recession.
But fingers crossed for ya. x
Back to top Go down
julie barnes
forum promotor

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:49 am

id of had it sold by now but my brother is being a pain
Back to top Go down
Shehreen

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:17 am

What's he got to do with you selling your house? x
Back to top Go down
julie barnes
forum promotor

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:22 am

its are inhertace,its between me and my brother.hes being awkward and wont talk to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)   

Back to top Go down

Harrys bloody teacher !!! grrrr ( long one grab a cuppa)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next